Perthyn aims to provide equality of opportunity and equal access for all. Perthyn, in both its employment practices and in the delivery of its services, recognises the diversity of the people in the communities in which we deliver services and is committed to:
- Ensuring that service users, job applicants and employees do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of disability, race, colour, religion, nationality, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or age.
- Tackling areas of potential discrimination to ensure that services, employment arrangements and employee training and development opportunities are offered and provided equitably and appropriately.
- Ensuring that all appropriate steps are taken to ensure that representation of minority groups within the workforce is maximised.
- Sustaining progress on the implementation of equal opportunities.
- Consulting with employees, service users, their families, relevant community groups and partner organisations about the development and implementation of equal opportunities.
- Carrying out service audits and quality of life assessments, and maintaining and improving monitoring arrangements designed to identify areas for development to bring about equality of opportunity.