A large emphasis of the Specialist Support Service is that of the provision of staff training. The rationale of this is to provide our staff with the necessary skills and knowledge required to support an individual. The provision of training has a positive impact upon staff and the individual that they support.
- Positive Behaviour Management Training- Theory and Physical Interventions
- Mental Health
- Anger Management
- Post Incident Support
- Skill Teaching/Competency Development
- Client Specific Training as identified via assessment
Rationale of the Model
- Empowers the staff team
- Promotes a therapeutic culture
- Service provision is reflective of individual need
- The focus of service provision is in achieving quality of life outcomes
The approach is pro active and avoids the use of crisis management strategies.